Friday, May 18, 2007

is this the best way to do this?

I think we may want to get tyler to whip up some sort of wiki or sql type system so we can have different threads going on. I don't really know what would be best, I'm just a little concerned about protocol, ettiquette, etc.

As for the logic question, I think that Kant would certainly say that the rules of logic are intrinsic to the sense manifold that filters our experience into the categories. Not that I'm a hard core Kantian, but the notion always resounded with me. I think that the linguistic underpinnings of logic are certainly somewhere in the way our brains are wired, but as Blake suggested, logic is more closely related to mathematics, which, to me, seems less intuitive and innate to the human condition.

I think that maybe, Frege Logic (with set theory and such) is what we as humans havw thus far been able to develop that most closely approximates some sort of true (Platonic if you will) logic that would actually resemble how our brains process information.

No comments: